New Orleans Eye Doctor Serving Louisiana Medicaid Patients
Why Choose Eyes on Canal as Your Vision Care Provider Under Medicaid
Our Mic-City eye care clinic is locally owned and family-friendly. We use the latest treatment procedures and diagnostic equipment to ensure a comprehensive evaluation of eye health and vision prescription for our New Orleans Medicaid patients.
In addition to a variety of vision care services such as comprehensive eye exams and dry eye treatment, we have an on-site optical shop for a hand-selected collection of eyewear including eyeglasses, contact lenses, sunglasses, and eye care supplements.
What Eye Care Services Are Offered to New Orleans Medicaid Patients?
Eyes on Canal is a leader in using the latest technology, showcasing eyewear trends, and providing evidence-based care. You and your family deserve the most advanced vision care in New Orleans. We promise you’ll leave satisfied, informed, and confident in your eye care decisions.
Our Mid-City eye care clinic offers the following services for our New Orleans patients with Medicaid:
Medicaid Vision Benefits in Central City, New Orleans
In Louisiana, children and young adults under 20 have vision care coverage as part of their Medicaid coverage, including:
- Eye exams, including for vision correction
- Treatment of eye conditions, including refraction error
- Regular eyeglasses, if they meet a certain minimum strength requirement
- Medically necessary specialty eyewear and contact lenses (with prior authorization; prescription required)
- Contact lenses, if they are the only means for restoring vision
- Other medically necessary related services.
For those 21 or older, Medicaid covers:
- Examinations and treatment of eye conditions such as infections and cataracts
- Some vision-related services may be covered if you have both Medicare and Medicaid (with Medicare being the primary payer).
Depending on your age, vision health, and eligibility, the following benefits can be either completely covered by Medicaid or come at a low cost:
- Eye exams
- Eyeglass frames*
- Prescription eyeglass lenses*
- Bifocals or multifocals
- Contact lenses (if considered medically necessary)*
- Medical and surgical procedures
- Screenings for glaucoma.
* Medicaid typically covers what’s considered standard eyeglass frames, eyeglass lenses, and contact lenses. Specialty lenses or premium frames are usually not included.
If you’re not sure whether the service you’re looking for is covered at our New Orleans clinic, please contact your Medicaid provider.
Why Choose Eyes on Canal as Your New Orleans Medicaid Vision Provider
We value our time with you and your family. With Eyes on Canal, our patients covered by Medicaid can count on:
- Personalized attention from our team. We give our patients more than just a routine check-up. Our experienced optometrist will explain your test results in terms you can understand and tailor a treatment plan for you.
- Accurate results. We treat all types of impaired vision using the most advanced technology, including multi-diagnostic exam screening tools and high-resolution retinal imaging. We are committed to staying current on the latest advancements in eye care by regularly attending continuing education seminars and advanced training courses.
- Quality eyewear so you look your best. Our walk-in gallery houses a unique selection of eye-catching eyewear that can fit any budget, including prescription sunglasses. Our experienced optometrist can help you find Medicaid-approved prescription eyewear that fits your health needs and aesthetic preferences.
- Specialty, Medical, and Cosmetic Lens Fitting Expertise. We also provide professional contact lenses and frame fittings for specialty, medical, and cosmetic needs. Our optometrist has the necessary training and will be happy to guide your decisions and educate you on care and maintenance.
Learn more about the vision care services we offer for our New Orleans patients with Medicaid, or use the form below to schedule an appointment for a comprehensive exam.